Rising above the village on the hill is a church that replaced a former castle chapel, which was torn down in 1875, and, in its place, the current Romanesque church was built. It is a single-nave church with a transept set before the chancel, shaping the two side chapels. The bell tower is located in the east side of the nave. Its facade is strongly divided, with Romanesque architectural designs. They have many of 16th and 17th century tombstones built into them. The altars date back to the end of the 19th century and have been completely restored over the past couple of years, so the inside of the church is as mighty as ever. In the times of the Ottoman Empire, this used to be a defence stop. It gets especially festive on Anne’s Sunday, 26th of July, when a large mass of people gathers to be blessed—locals and visitors from nearby villages, as well as other pilgrims, all flock here.
A bird's eye view of the Church of St. Anne.
A view of the Church of St. Anne from a surrounding hill.
Krajevni urad Rače
Grajski trg 14 2327 Rače
Tel. 02/ 609 60 21 ZAPRT OD 19.1. - 4.2.2022 Uradne ure: Ponedeljek: 8.00 - 12.00 in 13.00 - 14.30 Sreda: 8.00 - 12.00 in 13.00 - 17.00
Zakon o dostopnosti spletišč in mobilnih aplikacij (ZDSMA), ureja ukrepe za zagotovitev dostopnosti spletišč in mobilnih aplikacij zavezancev po tem zakonu za vse uporabnike, zlasti za uporabnike z različnimi oblikami oviranosti. Ta zakon se uporablja za državne organe, organe samoupravnih lokalnih skupnosti in osebe javnega prava